- Putty (Windows)
- Download Putty and puttygen from - here
- Use puttygen to convert .PEM file to .PPK file.
- Start puttygen and select “Load”
- Select your .PEM file.
- Putty will convert the .PEM format to .PPK format.
- Select “Save Private Key” A passphrase is not required but can be used if additional security is required.
Connect with Putty.
- Launch Putty and enter the host IP address.
- Navigate to Connection/SSH/Auth
Click “Browse” and select the .PPK file you exported from puttygen.
Click “Open.” When connection comes up enter username